Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Congratulations to Matt and Amanda

A very good friend of mine, Matthew Vickers (aka the Golden Child/Boy Wonder etc etc) got engaged to his girlfriend (now fiancee). Actually he got engaged on 14th of February, but the party was last night....

Matty actually proposed in style, he pretended that he was taking her to Cork, then whisked her off to Venice, booked the penthouse suite, then got down on one knee and proposed in the suite.........

For all those who don't know I went to uni with Matt for four years, and he does deserve the title of golden boy (I was thinking of using golden balls... but I don't know him that well!!!). Matt was a brilliant student and academically gifted, on a completely different level to most others, he's good looking always and had all the laydeez after him (but always behaved like a gentleman), he was good at all sports, has a great job, works hard and should be Presicent of the world soon..... infact he is the prime candidate for being the target of pure hatred, he should make you physically sick etc etc etc...

BUT MATT'S MOST ENDEARING QUALITY IS THAT HE IS SUCH A NICE GUY, you actually can't do anything but love the guy!!!!! He's the type of guy who would spend the day before an exam helping others understand the subject. He carried my bags at uni when I broke my leg... I could go on forever but I guess you get the picture...

Now for Matts embarrassing bits....

He can easily spend hours getting ready in fromt of a mirror.... he has been known to get lost when out with friends because he's too busy looking at his reflection to notice where everyone has gone!

He has been known to sit in trains and taxi's with hair straighteners tarting himself up on the way to work!!!!

Anyway... that's all the embarrasing bits I think I can mention for now ;)

At the engagement it was good to see old friends like Scotty to Hotty and Mo.... I was a bit dissappointed that Stuart "BOOBOO" Smedley couldn't make it... I'm sure if he wanted to he could have caught a cab all the way from the Canary Islands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: