Saturday, February 16, 2008

Facebook etc etc

First it was Hi5, then Myspace....and now it's Facebook............




(and in the middle their were things like Bebo, Birthday Calendar and a few others..............)




In general I would join then lose interest in a few days.... not all your current friends would be in there - so its not like you could truly use it as a tool to manage your social life, and anything you add (e.g. photo's) can only be seen by those who have joined - creating two different classes of friends.




In reality, if I wanted to stay in touch with people I'd be calling, texting or e-mailing (and if I don't well get the hint dudes...............).




Actually that's not fair I have got in touch with some friends who I haven't spoken to since school (e.g. Scouser). The only thing that kept me hooked with facebook was the games like Scrabulous and Vampires - they're quite cool. It's also quite nice to look at other people's pics n stuff. But generally I wouldn't use these sites to "manage my social life".




But this is my opinion for me, it might be better for other people - if every single person you know is on there?




I'm having fun on Facebook, haven't used Hi5 in ages and only used MySpace once.




On the blog I can be more personal, but the problem here is that I rarely update it and their is much less functionality here.




But lets see which one pulls me into the abyss - but all those who know me will probably know that laziness will win through and I'll leave all of them alone.




(actually friends - just cos I haven't spoken to you in ages doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you - its just that I'm too busy/lazy/tight).




Anyway, that's all for now folks.

No comments: