Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hajj preparationa and forgiveness

Insha-allah (good willing) I will be going on hajj (Islamic pilgrimmage to the holy city of Makkah) tommorow, I have the following message for everyone who knows me and to whom I owe any apologies.

I would like to ask your forgiveness for anything I may have said or done to you. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me for anything I may have done. This is the rule of His Divine Court that forgiveness is not granted to the oppressor until and unless the oppressed forgives him. Allah Almighty has empowered us regarding "Huqooq-ul'Ibaad", violation of which, will not be absolved until we forgive the violator and the aggrieved pardons us, in case we have violated the other's rights. Please forgive me if I have ever hurt your grace, faith or heart, backbited about you, or hurt you in any way or violated your rights.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me.

No comments: