Sunday, April 13, 2008

Enjoy life...............

Some one actually read my blog......... his name is Sway and this is his site (I'd recommend a visit as one of his comments has already made me think).

http://sp989.spaces.live.com/

The line that made me think was

"...I was concentrating more on increasing my level, instead of enjoying the game..."

That statement hit me pretty hard... believe it or not, that is the game we play in life.

Some people concentrates more on gaining success but forgets to enjoy life! While others enjoys life but forgets about gaining success...

And it dawned on me... I have been concentrating on becoming successful and often I lose out on the fun. But if I concentrate on the fun... I might lose out on success...

I think there should be balance... what do you think?

I've heard the bit in inverted comma's many times- but it has always been mentioned in terms of computer games - but Sway's comments that this is how many people approach life, made me think hard about my life.

While I don't think that I am at the extreme end end of things - I do think that I could enjoy life more. No doubt, as things move on and I get caught up as the world rushes by, I will forget this lesson. The trick I need to learn is to remind myself of this regularly.

Well I hope all you sit back and think about the comments and look at whether you have the right balance between getting success and enjoying life. 

No comments: