Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Got rid of her at last

At last its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I've finnalyy gotten rid of her at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your all wondering what I'm talking about its my sisters wedding...

The Nikah (marriage ceremony) and meal took place on Saturday (2 July) in Bradford at Anam's Restaurant (arranged and PAID FOR by ME!!!!!).

The Walima (reception) took place on Sunday (3 July) in Leicester (arranged for by the groom's side).

I have to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the management and staff at Anam's restaurant who handled the day (and my family) quite well... both the event and the organisation went without a hitch...

Actually the fact that there weren't any problems nearly caused a problem... During my planning I had built in a fair amount of time to allow for late comers and delays (after all it is an Asian wedding!!!)... but to my shcok everyone was on time... some people were actually early!!! The manager was also in shock... having organised a number of events in the past this is the first one he had ever seen where people had turned up (and left) on time!!! He kept commenting how surprised he was.... well I guess we asians are coming up in the world!!!!!!

I would also like to expres my heartfelt thanks to Adnan and Rai who were a great help (actually I'm a bit jealous of Adnan as I think he was impressing more people than I did).

Most people commented that the whole arrangement was a very classy affair... the food was good and the setting fantastic... The only person who hasn't thanked me yet is... err.... my sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all eveything went quite well - except for the usual list of complaints and put downs from family members who turned up on masse to be fed (picture the scene of an African desert with a pack of hungry hyenas devouring a carcass and you'll get the picture) never to be seen until the next wedding reception....

I do have a few moans about my family members but I guess I'd better keep quiet or else I'll end up ebing castrated!!!!!

The last thing I'd like to say is that I hope my sister and her new family have a very happy and prosperous future!!!

(And finally I'm going to go and check my on-line bank account to see how badly this classy affair has put me back!!!!! If anyone would like to contribute to the Salim Suleman bankruptcy fund please send blank cheques to my home address).

It was quite good to see most of my relatives and friends...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Salim thanks for the mention this time on your blog.

The wedding was really great I think I can on behalf of everyone that was there over the weekend, you did your sister proud. I know she will enternally be proud of what you have done for her.

It was a pleasure to be involved in your sisters wedding. Your family and relatives were kind and courteous to us both and we will never forget that.

Ove the weekend, I made some really good friends, in particular, Asif, his father, Saira, Maryam of Luton and many others whose names I cannot remember but I'm sure they remember me.

I hope that one day we can all meet again under different circumstances just as a get together.

Until then keep in touch and take care.

Adnan

Anonymous said...

Salim

Congrats on arranging a great day on Saturday, it all went without a hitch and Liv and I enjoyed it a lot. Really good to make some new friends as well as see family. Hopefully we will see you soon, come round to dinner at ours if you can stand the cooking again...!

Asif

PS We did enjoy the walima as well of course!

Anonymous said...

hmmm was wonderin if i shud leave a comment or not but im sure uve bin surprised.... oh wel wot i was gonna say is how cumz every1gets mentioned n not me...wen i wen thru... a trip and a half... neway i personally tink dis weddin was really gud n i pray dat ur sis does realize how mch u done for er... not all of us sis get d same treatment.. sum of us av2pay or end up wid a crap venue n food... lol!
it was lovely meeting ur family n friends especially adnan who didnt remember me...lol!but most of all ur bhabi she is d best.. do remember2pass my salaam2 er.... insha allah shud b chattin wid u later... or else nite!

u knw WHO!