Thursday, July 28, 2005

Words of encouragement...

(If you're looking for the words of encouragement in the title they are towards the end of the post.... but here's some background as to how they cae about...)

As well as writing my own blog... I do go through other peoples blogs to see how other people are faring (and to see if there is anything interesting I cam steal from their design or content)....

While surfing like this I came across The Dead Letters, its written by a woman from the US and tells about her life... I think its very well written and gives me a glimpse into someones life that I probably never would have had... This just goes to show how the world is shrinking and becoming smaller... we can connect to people who in the normal course of our day to day lives we would never even contemplate.... we can share there experiences and get a view from their minds eye... (sometimes we may agree sometimes we may not... but hopefully we should be able accept others views)...

Anyway I dropped some words of encouragement on the blog... and I was surprised by the reaction (I kinda got an indirect mention on the blog)... (click here to the link I think refers to me...amonst others)... its always nice to have small surprises... and sometimes what seems like the smallest gestures can bring the largest smiles...

The author wasn't expecting anyone other then her close friends to read her blog... and as I said she was surprised to see the reaction... it will be interesting to see if she changes what she writes... I know I'll be watching and dropping regular comments

Anyway back to the title of this post... I dropped these words of of encourgement... and I thought I'd share them (slightly amended of course) ... let me know you're thoughts...

Life brings many ups and downs.... sometimes the downs seem to last forever... but always try to look at the long term big picture and imagine life is just a big slab of rock... if u keep chipping away at it over time then eventually you'll see the results...it may take a long time...but a few things to remember are:

1) celebrate even the smallest victories as you never know when the next one will come... (and it gives you an excuse to party and revel in your glory!!!!!!!!)

2) stand back and look at what you've achieved, if you compare it to your starting point you'll be amazed!!! (Again this gives you time to a. chill and laze about and b. celebrate and party!!!!)

3) you need to have the vision to look forward and imagine/dream what this slab of rock we call life will become...without the hope this vision brings life may seem empty... (and as everyone knows day-dreaming and sleeping are my biggest hobbies).

Well let me know if these words mean anything or add any you think have helped you... will help others...

No comments: