Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I actually did it... and it hurts

I actually went to the gym last night! Most of you are either in shock right now or don't believe it... but after making such a big deal about it on the blog I guess I had to... which actually makes this a great motivational tool...

If I say I'll do something then I don't... I end up looking like a muppet...

There are two lessons to be learned from this...

Either

1) You can use a blog as a great motivational tool as the whole world (or in my cas nobody in particular) will know what your planning and will be there to support (or laugh at you when you fall)....

or

2) Don't put rubbish like I have on the blog because then you can't backtrack once the world knows...

Anyway about the gym I didn't really do much... it was just meant to be a gentle session to ease my weary body into the stresses and strains of activity (hopefully without having coronary heart failure). Talking about easing my body...it felt more like trying to force a (very fat) sqaure peg into a round hole.

I just did around 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 on the rowing machine and some (very) light weights!

I don't expect miracles (although I do pray for them every night when I go to bed)... so I don't expect any substantial results before the end of April...

Oh yeah one more thing I have football tonight... something makes me feel that I'm goingto regret exercising two nights in a row! I'll be looking to maintain my 0.00 goals per game average!


No comments: