Thursday, March 31, 2005

Why do I punish myself like this........

I did it again I played football and boy does it hurt... today there is actually double the pain...

Firstly there's the pain from the extreme physical exertion of pushing my body beyond the limits of what normal humans can bear (to be honest in my case an extreme physical exertion is just walking to the coffee machine and playing football in my unfit state is pure torture).

Secondly there's the mental anguish from my team being hammered around 10-4 (I say around as I think the other team started losing count when they hit double figures!). Part of the reason for the heavy loss was me being unable to lug my sorry, fat @r$e around the pitch...and on the odd occasion I did manage to touch the ball my legs were too weak (from the effort of keeping me standing) to actually kick the ball with any meaningful intent!

The one thing that kept me going was the thought of coming home to found that England had beaten Azerbaijan 8-0 by the time I got home...WRONG... they only won 2-0. Considering the quality of the opposition (they lost 8-0 to Poland on Wednesday) this was a poor result. England failed to open the scoring till the 51st minute.

No comments: