Saturday, March 12, 2005

Pre gym....

Ok well...in preparation for my impending visit to the gym I am going to publish some data so you can all see my progress (or complete lack of it)!!!!!!!!!

Weight: 13 stones 1lb (183lbs or 83kgs)
Waist: 40 inches (101.6cm)
Height: 5ft 6in (167cm or 1.67m)
Hips: 44inches (111.76cm)
BMI: 29.7

(to put things into context a BMI of 30 is considered obese, but as I'm in the 25-29.9 range I'm merely considered overweight...how lucky am I!!!!!!!!...that is if you ignore the fact that I have an increased rick of having a heart attack, getting diabetes etc etc etc....good job I'm not an inch shorter or my BMI would be 30 and I would be obese...god forbid)

Waist/hip ratio: 0.909 (No idea what this means but the lower the better)

Editors note: The measurements stated above have been rounded down in order to protect all innocent parties from ridicule - also the said individuals mother was involved in taking measurements and may also have introduced motherly bias into the readings!!!!

The plan for the next week is as follows:

Monday: Gym (mainly cardio work)
Tuesday: Swim (or at least try not drown)
Wednesday: Football (otherwise known as standing around looking pretty)
Thursday: Swim (I'm sure thrashing about, struggling not to drown burns lots of calories)
Friday: Gym (mainly cardio)

The only thing that could keep me from achieving my plan could be a serious, life threatening injury such as ... a paper cut or extreme fatigue from spending large amounts of time sitting at my desk at work!

My long term objectives are to hit a weight of around 11 stone in about 6 months time.

I'm mulling over the thought of having some aim like running a half marathon but at this moment in time this seems like toooooo much hardwork.

Well I'll try and keep you posted... wish me luck... and try not to laugh.

THE ONE THING I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO ALL OF THIS IS THAT LOSING WEIGHT AND GETTING FIT IS NOT JUST ABOUT MORE EXERCISE - IT NEEDS TO BE A WHOLE LIFESTYLE CHANGE...

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR EATING PATTERNS (EAT WELL/LESS).
CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE (WALK UP THE STAIRS RATHER THAN TAKE THE LIFT).
EDUCATE YOURSELF (THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT YOUR ENEMY IS TO KNOW YOUR ENEMY).

In case your wodering you'll be able to see me at the Virgin Active at Stockley Park, West Drayton, London.

You can check out some links here:

  • Virgin Active Gym


  • BBC Fitness site


  • Fighting fat
  • No comments: