Thursday, April 28, 2005

Last nights football...

Well after mt comlpete lack of physical activity (other than going to an from the fridge) I played 5-a-side football last night... I actually had a good game for a change... Before I played I managed to figure out what was wrong with my game (excluding the fact that I am completely lacking in skill, fitness and finesse...).

In past weeks I've run around like your classic headless chicken, attacking (even though I can't pass or shoot) and defending. Within five minutes of kick-off I was physically exhausted. Well last night I set my stall out to stay back (yes that means I just stood at the back and watched the game and when the opposition attacked I just stuck my fat @r$e in the way). Overall I wasn't overly exhasted as the game progressed, while the opposition attackers(who were a man down anyway) did get exhausted... ahhh...those kids in their youthful exhuberence were up and down the pitch like yo-yo's... tiring their little legs out... while I in my experience (gained from a pretty sad existence) managed to pace myself. We eventually won the game 4-2.

I do have to mention my mate Khiz as well... during his turn in goal he was pulling off some stunning saves... but then fate dealt him the cruellest of blows.... there was a shot which Khiz stunningly dove across the goal mouth to block... only to watch it spin into the back of the net.... oh how I felt for him.... as I sat there and laughed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: