Monday, April 11, 2005

Tasneem's wedding

The time for my big sisters wedding is fast approaching!!! And there's plenty to organise and pay for (guess who's being lumbered with both even though he is over 200 miles away...yes yours truly).

I'll try and keep you all informed as to what's happening and when (although I won't be telling you where it is cos even though I luurrve my fan club...I don't love you that much that I'm gonna pay for you to stuff your faces at my expense...although a select few will receive invites!!!).

Actually come to think about it depending on how cash strapped (or how tight) I am and how desperately we need table waiting staff I might invite all my readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The progress so far is that we have seen a nice intimate venue (i.e. small) and well within budget (i.e. dirt cheap) that can hold around 240 people. I'm trying to rope the venue manager into helping set up the hall cos I'm blatently can't be bothered.

The killjoy that I am I have made the following suggestions (which has led to my sister almost disowning me

1) That we segregate men and women; and
2)That we don't have any music....

One suggestion that I did have was that we don't accept any gifts but instead ask for donations to a charity...

hmmm I can see why that idea didn't go down to well.

The good thing about leaving planning something like this at short notice is that you have a built in excuse for things not quite going to plan (not that, that will happen with yours truly directing...well we'll see)... and also you can ignore doing lots of expensive stuff cos its too last minute to organise.

All we need now is some food!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: