Friday, April 29, 2005

A weekend of leisure... or maybe not...

The weekend is here, its summer and to top it off Moday is a bank holiday... so that should mean relaxation and driving around meeting friends ands generally chilling out....

..err... well in my case that's not going to happen....

I was planning to visit a friend in East London and then see a cousin in Surrey... but... my car has decided to disintegrate... well to be more precise the water leak (that I was too tight fisted to repair last week) has led to the water pump seizing, then the timing belt failing and taking out the rest of my engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would have been a £280 repair job has turned into potentially £600 (minimum). The car can't be seen by the mechanic till next week... and the damn thing only cost me £400...

So what should I do...

FIX IT - not worth it since the car cost less then the repairs and will probably fail its next MOT!!!

SCRAP IT AND BY ANOTHER SECOND HAND CAR - not really an option as I haven't got a clue and I'll probably just by a bigger dud!!!!

SCRAP IT AND BY ANOTHER BRAND NEW CAR - well can't really afford this option!!!!

BECOME CARLOS (OR CAR LESS) FOR A WHILE - BUT I do need a car for work... and soon ... I'm travelling around three sites next week and the week after I'm going to Solihull and Manchester!!! Fun and games...

none of the options really suit me but I'll have to fork out some cash and soon... if anyone wants to donate some cash to a good cause (i.e. me) or even a car (preferably a Ferrari) just mail me... as a thank you I'll let you have a gmail account...

But in the meantime I guess I'll be catching the bus!!!

Take care and have a good weekend!

No comments: