Tuesday, April 12, 2005

New phones... yay I'm happy

Today I received two new phones... if you know me... I already have two phones an XDAII and a Nokia 6230... (you're thinking either this guy is a complete muppet for forking out for two new phones or he's a posing clown). Because I'm such a sad individual with a boring and mundane life this is a major even for me.

You may be right in considering me a muppet... and I probably am a poser.... there are two points to note

1) neither of these phones cost me anything and 2)one is a handset upgrade for one of the phones I already have while the other is one supplied by work.

The contract on the XDAII has expired, and my phone bill is so stupidly large (cos like a complete tool I took the phone abroad and used it to call everyone under the sun!) that they offered me an XDAIIi for free (normally retailing at £200+ with a twelve month line rental contract) plus I got the free minutes doubled (for no extra cost)... I now have 1000 free off-peak, cross network minutes and 200 text messages.

If you want to check out pictures of this phone go to www.xda-developers.com or http://www.my-xda.com/

The observant amonst you will notice that they look strikingly similar... infact they look the same (except the XDAIIi has an i on the cover)... Well just to let you know my new little baby and second most important thing in my life (after Buffy the Vampire Slayer) has got lots of tricks up its sleeve... but I won't bore you any further (lets face it most people have probably gotten bored and left already... and if you're still here...why?!?!?!?!?!)... actually sod it I'll bore you... its got wi-fi, a 1.3mega-pixel camera, touch screen, its a fully integrated pda... oh yeah and you can use it to make phone calls.

The other phone I was given by work is a Nokia 6310i... not as flash but still a good handset (and now I can make myself look like a complete idiot by telling all my friends that I have a company phone!!! I also get a car kit with it... but considering my car is about 15 years old and about to blow up I'm not sure it will be a good idea to install that!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice website. Popped on searching for a gmail acct. Ty

mere2180@adelphia.net